[PlanetCCRMA] No alsasound script installed using apt-get on alsa-driver

brook davis dodecaphonic@hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:09:01 2003

Hi,

I'm just venturing into the world of linux proAudio solutions and thought
that the planetccrma packages would be a good place to start.  i'm running
redhat 8.0 on an athlon 900Mhz and an abit k7board with a (temporary ;-)
sblive! value card

the apt-get install went okay. i basically followed the tutorial line for
line, installing all of the packages at once using apt-get install. no
errors.  i am now running the 2.4.19-1.ll@i686 kernel with no detected
problems so far.  however, when i run the alsaconf script, i get an error
which i've traced to be refering to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound  script.
after checking this directory and running "locate alsasound" and in general
looking around for the file, it is nowhere to be found....i've looked
through (most of) the archives and googled around a bit, but haven't seen
any literature that looks relevant.

i'm still kind of a newbie when it comes to working with the kernel and
modules, but i've determined that the alsaconf did correctly configure my
modules.conf file and detected my card okay.  i've also unloaded the oss
modules. just need to load the alsa ones.

if anyone knows a possible reason for the alsasound script not being
installed or a solution/workaround for this problem, i'd be most
appreciative.

thanks, brook davis.