[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-drivers

Fri Feb 21 15:11:02 2003

> I just upgraded the new alsa-drivers and I have now a message from
> apt-get that tells me :
>
> [root@mbox griffon]# apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: There are two or more versions of the package
> 'alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll' installed in your system, which is a situation
> APT can't handle cleanly at the moment.

See what this gives you:
  rpm -q alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
You probably will see two lines, one is the one you want:
  alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll-0.9.0-45

I don't know how this could happen unless you manually installed the
second rpm with an "rpm -ivh" command. Anyway, you can probably safely
erase the one that is not release 45 (use rpm -e followed by the full
name of the rpm including version and release).

-- Fernando