[PlanetCCRMA] re kernel 2.4.19

Thu Feb 6 09:17:01 2003

> when attempting to follow the instructions on the planet-ccrma
> webpages I am finding I am at an impasse.
> I am at the kernel stage, and am getting errors while trying to
> apt-get install kernel*
>
> I have tried:
> "apt-get install kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll@i386 alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
> alsa-driver alsa-lib alsa-lib-devel alsa-utils alsa-tools"
>
> and
>
> "apt-get install kernel-up#2.4.19-2.ll.acpi@i686
> alsa-driver-2.4.19-2.ll.acpi alsa-driver alsa-lib alsa-lib-devel
> alsa-utils alsa-tools"
>
> both fail with "couldn't find package kernel-up#2.4.19-[version]@i[x]86"
>
> have I perhaps erred in configuring my apt?

Maybe. Check that you have the proper /etc/apt/sources.list for the
kernel you want to install (you should use the i686 acpi version of the
kernel). To be able to "see" the acpi kernel you specifically need this
line in the sources.list configuration file:

rpm http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt redhat/7.x.lap/en/i386
planetccrma

You could also check what you see with:
  apt-get install kernel-up
That should give you a list of available kernels (for your particular
sources.list configuration)

> Is this because I already have Alsa installed (rc6)?

No, that should be unrelated (did you install by hand or through an
rpm?).

-- Fernando