[PlanetCCRMA] nForce / NVIDIA with planet kernel

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Aug 30 01:00:03 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 06:19:57 -0400, jfm3 wrote:
> Now I would like to use my NVIDIA graphics card with this kernel. I put
> up drivers using NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run from nvidia's web
> site, and changed the driver in Xfree86 from "nv" to "nvidia". I make

FWIW I use 4496 on two planet machines and it runs fine, I just let it
build from the kernel source in /usr/src/linux-2.4 and all goes well.

The nvidia drvier has some odd options though, see thier example config
file.

- Steve