[PlanetCCRMA] nForce / NVIDIA with planet kernel

Luc Tanguay lucus@sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 29 22:44:02 2003

Maybe this would help.

I've just changed my XF86Config to use the AGP support from the NVIDIA
driver.  (I added 512M of RAM [total is 768M]  and my Duron-based system
was now unstable.   Reading the NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Driver Set
Release 40 Notes, I saw "Your stability problems may be AGP-related.")

Here's the (new) Device section from my config.

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver "nvidia"
    VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
    VideoRam    32768
    Option      "NoLogo"
    Option "NvAgp" "1"
EndSection

I've tried to make the system unstable (running enough apps to use all
physical memory) and I did not have any problem (yet).

BTW I have version  1.0-4363 of the NVIDIA driver.

Luc