[PlanetCCRMA] Getting started with Planet CCRMA

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:50:02 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:40:47 -0500, spree@tds.net wrote:
> Just installed Planet CCRMA software.  Great installation guide.  Thanks!
>
> So now I look forward to experimenting with many applications, although there's one task I'd like to start with; time-scaling audio files.  Anyone want to point me towards an application to get started?  From some initial exploration I understand this task might best be handled with phase vocoder tools.  plainpv from the PVC package, perhaps?  This doesn't have to be real-time or anything.  My intended use is transcription of jazz solos.

The CVS version of GLAME has some OK time scaling code, but you will have
to wait a while as its a bit tricky to build at the moment.

In the meantime you could use ardour, which has aceptable-but-not-
brilliant time scaling built in. Select the TimeFX icon, click on the
region of audio and drag it to the length you want.

I'l have to find a FAQ if you dont know how to record or load into ardour.

- Steve