[PlanetCCRMA] working with Quattro

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 28 19:38:01 2003

Once modules have loaded, you can check them with:

lsmod
cat /proc/asound/devices
cat /proc/asound/devices

(You should have MIDI and four channels of audio)

I start Jack with the following command:
jackstart -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
or,
jackstart −−realtime −−driver=alsa −−device=hw:0 -r 44100
in order to have realtime priority,

and then you can start pd just with the pd command. The only problem is
that devices specified in  ~/.asoundrc seem to be broken either with
jack or PD and I am only able to get 2 Channels of input/output. I was
not able to get four channels with Pd even without jack.

The good news is that Ecasound seems to work with very low latency and
four channels in the Quattro by doing:
ecasound -i test.wav -f 32,4,44100 -o q4

provided you have the .asoundrc file in your home diretory.

Ecasound can also work with jack, again only two channels in/out by
doing something like:
ecasound -f:32,2,44100 -i new.wav -o jack_alsa

  --* Juan