[PlanetCCRMA] More Newbie Questions

Chris Share cpsmusic@labyrinth.net.au
Wed Aug 27 01:11:02 2003

Hi,

I've managed to get alsaplayer and Sweep working. However I'm having
problems with Audacity and Ardour.

Audacity opens properly however as soon as I try to play any audio it quits.

When I try to run Ardour, linux crashes (I think) back to the login prompt.

I've noticed that Audacity has a different output device listed compared to
Sweep (Sweep uses "plughw:0,0" while Audacity uses "/dev/dsp"). Could this
be the problem?

I'm not sure what's going on with Ardour. Do I have to start Jack to get
Ardour working? I've tried doing this however it didn't seem to make any
difference.

Cheers,

Chris Share