[PlanetCCRMA] cinelerra on athlon/duron

Sat Aug 23 11:34:01 2003

> Another question related to APT.  HOw do I automatically get packages
> for a different architecture. I have a non-Intel machine and would like
> to get all the benefits (packages compiled for Duron/Athlon).

Sorry, I forgot to answer this part :-)
Very few packages in Planet CCRMA are built with architecture specific
optimizations. Just the kernel and sound drivers and cinelerra (I
believe those are the only cases). I do that only when the package
somehow has specific instructions on how to build for other archs. You
don't have to configure apt, it will supposedly choose (through rpm) the
best arch for your machine.

-- Fernando