[PlanetCCRMA] alsa init scripts

Wed Aug 20 22:00:02 2003

> Do the plant alsa rpm's install init scripts to start/stop alsa?

Yes.

> I'm
> currently running them, but my mixer settings don't seem to get saved
> between boots, and I don't see starting/stopping/saving mixer settings
> messages on boot/shutdown. I do have a /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound script,
> but it doesn't seem to be getting called - I believe this is a remnant of a

First check that the alsasound script is active:
  /sbin/chkconfig --list alsasound

It should print something like this:
alsasound       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

If everything is off then you need to activate it:
  /sbin/chkconfig --add alsasound

If that is fine (which means alsasound will be started automatically on
boot) then make sure you have saved the mixer configuration you want to
keep, the following command will do that for you:

  /usr/sbin/alsactl store

(the mixer state will be saved in /etc/asound.state)
Currently the script does not save settings when the machine is turned
off, it just restores the settings that you have manually stored.

-- Fernando