[PlanetCCRMA] updates: another storm...

Tue Aug 19 19:09:01 2003

> > A bundle of updates......
> >
> > * updated Apt to version 0.5.5cnc6-1 (adapted from the Freshrpms.net
> >   repository package). No update of the /etc/apt/apt.conf is necessary
> >   for this upgrade.
>
> Are we supposed to rename the copies of apt.conf and sources.list that
> get installed with the update to apt? (I'm not sure if this is what you
> mean when you say that no update to apt.conf is needed.)

Sorry I was not completely clear. You do not need to do anything. The
"new" copies of apt.conf and sources.list (that come with the rpm) are
added to the /etc/apt directory with the ".rpmnew" suffix, the existing
copies of both files are not touched.

As the configuration has not changed you do not need to update them.
-- Fernando