[PlanetCCRMA] updates: another storm...

Joseph Zitt jzitt@josephzitt.com
Tue Aug 19 02:17:00 2003

When I did an "Upgrade All" via Synaptic, it hung, with a window with
the text "Rebuilding clm foreign function interface" open and the
following in the terminal window from which I started synaptic:

Error in function USE-PACKAGE:
   Use'ing package C-CALL results in name conflicts for these symbols:
(DOUBLE INT)

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Unintern the conflicting symbols in the CLM package.
  1: [ABORT   ] Skip remaining initializations.

Debug  (type H for help)

(USE-PACKAGE "C-CALL" #<The CLM package, 1332/2387 internal, 769/1184
external>)Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:  target:code/package.lisp.
0]

Once I quit out of it (following the Lisp prompts just got me deeper,
until I "kill -15"ed synaptic), running synaptic again and doing an
Update Lists got me a window with the following: