[PlanetCCRMA] download of cd-rom images

Sat Aug 16 11:43:01 2003

> Hello, I've downloaded all the iso cd-rom images  needed for
> Planet-CCRMA@home. I've used a mac as it is on an adsl connection.
> I cannot therefore perform the md5 checksum. However the "Planet CCRMA
> Red Hat 9 disk 1"  download stops before the indicated size  is
> attained & the browser indicates "download complete". I've tried 3
> times and they give me around 300 MB  but different each time. Is it
> the same as disk 1 on the RedHat website? Or should I try to dwnld
> once more?

300M is too small, so something is going wrong during the download and
for some reason your browser is not reporting the error.

The disk is the same as the RedHat disk with one exception, it contains
a (small) database that let's you use it with apt-cdrom so that you can
manage all the software with apt or synaptic. If you already have the
original RedHat disks you can create your own modified version, there is
a page in the website about that.

What happens if you do not have the modified Planet CCRMA disks?
Everything can be installed but any original RedHat packages that you
don't have already installed and are needed by the Planet CCRMA packages
will be downloaded from the repository (although you have them in your
cdroms).

Regarding md5 checksums, I did a search and it looks like there are
implementations for the Mac, see:
  http://www.hornig.net/shorten/
Or google for "md5 macintosh checksum" for more links.

I would try to use a different browser or find another download utility
for Macs...

-- Fernando