[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with 2.4.21 --> jack/alsa

Peter Howard pjh@coastal.net.au
Thu Aug 14 14:16:02 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 00:10, Carlos Figueiredo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that the vacations start to fade out I have a question for those
> working with the 2.4.21 kernel.
>
> I start up with no errors and apart from my USB ADSL modem being "dead",
> wich is strange but not a big problem, the problem appears when I start
> jack (no matter what options) after a 2/3 seconds it crashes (no sound
> no connections) and does the same every time I restart. there's a
> message saying "Alsa Poll timeout.... ". I have no sound with Alsa alone
> either. I have acpi=off in grub.
>
> I have none of this problems with the 2.4.20-18 kernel. Jack works fine
> but the latency is, I imagine higher.
> Maybe I missed something when I installed the kernel, I've tried to
> reinstall it but it does the same.
>
> Finally, I'm running an Athlon XP2500+ with hoontech staudio card.
>
> I'll post more accurate data if needed, but maybe someone had the same
> problem and got around to solve it!

Seeing as I'm having probs with the kernel too, I thought I'd chip in.
I'm running CCRMA on a Toshiba Laptop (Satellite Pro TE200).  With the
2.4.21-1.ll.acpi kernel, running /sbin/hwclock locks up the system.  As
above, no probs with the 2.4.18 kernels.

PJH