[PlanetCCRMA] RH9 crash

Mon Aug 11 12:02:01 2003

> > You could try installing planetccrma-core-redhat (in addition to
> > planetccrma-core) and trying the capabilities enabled RedHat kernel from
> > Planet CCRMA. If the crashes go away then the problem is in 2.4.21...
> > Hopefully fixed in the soon to be released 2.4.22. There have also been
> > a couple of reports of problems with the nForce2 chipset.
>
> I could try that. The bad thing is that the 'redhat' kernel is a bit
> slow for my liking...

Yeah, well, but maybe it does not crash :-) ;-) :-) You could also try
to disable X acceleration but then the display will be slow.

> It's not a nForce2 chipset. It's an Intel 845G.

Yes, I mentioned it so that you don't think you are the only one.

> Do you have any idea when .22 is released? Will you include the new alsa
> drivers (0.9.6)?

I'm working on newer alsa drivers independently of the kernel. I have no
idea on when the new kernel will be out. Soon, hopefully, the latest is
2.4.22-rc2. I tried building a test rpm but the latency and preemption
patches do not apply cleanly so I'll have to redo them by hand (they are
diverging from the code base as there have been no new "official"
releases that I know off).

-- Fernando