[PlanetCCRMA] FIX: pcmcia not loading after recompiling or upgrade

Sat Aug 9 17:25:03 2003

> that all workx great and thx for finding, but i'm having problems with
> the most recent acpi kernel being able to use my orinoco (silver)
> wireless card...i've tried everything, and it is readable by the system,
> but the friggin orinoco_cs module won't load...ie, get the two beeps but
> the last is the low one (ie, problem loading).
>
> I think there is some sort of problem with the irq management and
> acpi...arg! i've tried tons of stuff...

Most probably you already tried this, but just in case. Did you try
booting with acpi turned off? (add "acpi=off" in the kernel boot line in
/boot/grub/grub.conf).

What errors do you get in /var/log/messages or dmesg?
-- Fernando