[PlanetCCRMA] I removed one too many things!

Fri Aug 8 11:07:01 2003

> Looks like I went a bit far. Now KDE won't start. ;-)
>
>    I could rebuild the machine in RH9, and that would be no big deal, but I
> thought I'd at least scope out how to fix the current machine.
>
>    apt-get still runs from the command line, and I seem to have Internet
> access as 'apt-get update', so presumably I could do installs from a console
> and run again. I tried some simple stuff, like 'apt-get install kde' but
> just came up with kde not being a package.
>
>    Where is the file on my machine that shows the list of packages in
> Fernando's database? I presume I can read this with vi or cat?

You could try logging in in a gnome session, in that way you would have
access to synaptic and that will show all packages available.

If you are still bound to the console see "man apt-cache", that's the
program that could help you. This will list all available packages:

  apt-cache search ".*"

-- Fernando