[PlanetCCRMA] Older planet-ccrma kernels.

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Sun Aug 3 02:08:01 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 jfm3@ouroboros-complex.org wrote:

> > [...] I am trying to get two nforce2 based
> > machines (shuttle and soltek MBs) to run stable, but the only kernel that
> > has succeded is the ccrma/redhat 2.4.20-18.1.caps kernel. [...]
>
> kernel-2.4.20-18.1.caps is the only Planet CCRMA kernel that works for my
> nforce board as well, although it doesn't utilize the agp hardware. I get
> bad latency (10-15ms) with this kernel, and have always suspected it was
> the video subsystem that was at fault. Did you run latencytest?

Not really, my problem is actually to make them stable. 2.4.20-18.1.caps
does crash when having the machine running over night.

> I make a kernel that was 18.1.caps with NVIDIA's patches for the nforce2
> chipset, and got an agpgart module that works. Of course, I can't get DRI
> out of my Matrox G400 with the NVIDIA agpgart driver, for some reason. The
> latency is still bad. That's as far as I could push it before I had to
> move on to other projects. I can supply the trivial changes to the spec
> file and NVIDIA patch if that will save anyone a lot of time, but can't
> really look at it any more until I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

Thanks. But dont bother if its any trouble. I might not look at it...

People, DON'T buy nforce2 boards! (I have very good experience with
nforce1, bot not the second type)