[Fwd: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Solution: PCMCIA modules not loading]

Jonathan Phillips jon@protofunk.org
Fri Aug 1 10:32:00 2003

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Jonathan Phillips <jon@protofunk.org>
To: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Solution: PCMCIA modules not loading
Date: 01 Aug 2003 10:29:07 -0700

Can you provide more info on your problem. I just noticed that my pcmcia
modules (pcmcia_core, yenta_socket, ds) are not being properly loaded and
the IRQs are screwed on my pcmcia setup. I noticed because my wireless
card (orinoco_cs) was not being read and even after trying to load my
pcmcia modules ( by modprobeing the three modules aforementioned and an
"/sbin/service pcmcia start" , then inserting the card and getting the
high beep and then a low beep rather than two high beeps -- indicating
success) by hand, the pcmcia slot is not working properly.

I dunno if what you are referring to will fix my problem, but pcmcia
card slot and wireless load automatically and easily on the stock linux
kernel for rh9 ( 2.4.20-8 ) and not on the two planet ccrma kernels i
have tried (2.4.20-18.1.caps  2.4.21-1.ll.acpi).

The only resolution I had so far from fiddling was I thought maybe ACPI
was screwing with my system on the two planet ccrma kernels, as it looks
like acpi assigns IRQs. But then I turned off acpi and turned on apm on
the two ccrma kernels, and the system's pcmcia still isn't working.

Any help would be great...to resolve this so I can go wireless again.

Jon