[PlanetCCRMA] Fw: Kernel 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi(smp) panic!

Thu Apr 10 10:17:01 2003

> I think that 2.4.20-low-latency.patch is somewhat broken by 2.4.21-pre?
> patches, as I get one hunk failure at least, that I naively correct by
> hand (namely on fs/buffer.c:855).
>
> After that, the preempt-rml-2.4.20.patch only suceeds if I increase the
> fuzzy patch option to 3 lines (-F3). Don't know if this is right.

I had to "hand tweak" both patches to patch cleanly with 21-pre6. They
are inside the kernel source rpm if you need them (not the binary kernel
source rpm, the ".src.rpm" rpm :-). You can look at the spec file to see
which patches I'm applying.

> In either case, "make xconfig" fails also, which I revert to make
> "menuconfig" and load the planetccrma's config file.
>
> Finally, the build fails on "make bzImage" somewhere (as of
> 2.4.21-pre7.patch).

I have not yet tried pre7, the current planet ccrma kenel is based on
pre6. Actually I did but some new modules that I enabled fail to compile
and I have to tweak the configuration and try again.

> When 2.4.21-pre6.patch is in place, bzImage gets built
> but "make modules" doesn't.
>
> Nuff. Will stay out from 2.4.21-pre? for the time being, at least until
> some light is made :)

-- Fernando