[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour, jack and misc.

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Sep 15 12:54:01 2002

Making headway guy. Very cool.

I'm running jack two or three ways. Check out these commands to see what you
can try

jackstart --help

jackstart -d alsa --help

The first tells you jack's options, the second tells you about the alsa
driver's options.

I'm using (from memory - please excuse if these aren't exactly right)

1) jackstart -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d RME

I talk to the RME Hammerfall at 44.1KHz using real-time stuff

2) jackstart -R -d alsa -d AP2496

I talk to the AP2496 at 48KHz

Also, don't ignore the power of the .asoundrc file in your home (or root's
home) directory. I'm able to address both of my sound cards now that I have
this set up, but only one at a time.

I am building a 'multi' that turns the two cards into a single virtual card
so that Ardour will be able to talk to both at the same time.

I can send you jackstart commands and the .asoundrc file later when I get
home if it would be of any help.