[PlanetCCRMA] 1394 /dev/raw1394

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Sep 9 15:25:05 2002

Fernando,
   I'm getting inconsistent results from the 1394 stack and was trying to
figure out why. I went back and looked at the 1394 Developers stuff about
how to install the 1394 stack and found an instruction that talks about
making a new device called /dev/raw1394. Here's the URL:

http://www.linux1394.org/start_install.html

(Step 11)

   Do you know if this is still required? I believe it is, but am not
totally sure. I can ask on the developer's reflector where I'm a member.

   Does the Planet.CCRMA installation of 1394 assume that the user (me) is
supposed to do something additional to get 1394 going? Could this be my
problem?

Thanks,
Mark