[PlanetCCRMA] Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem

Mon Sep 9 11:14:01 2002

> I finally have a question for you. I bought a Alcatel Speedtouch USB,
> and am trying to install it with the kernel from ccrma. I've followed
> all the steps from the sourceforge project, I have USB support, I even
> can "talk" to the modem and setup a "pppd call adsl" and it seems to be
> up, but I have no Internet.

I assume you are referring to this howto, right?:
  http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/howto.html

> I suppose I'm missing the kernel update that will give hardware support for
> the modem (when I try to add a ethernet device, I can't see my modem...).
> Will I have to patch the kernel, and recompile it (I really don't want to
> mess up, since everything else is working well!)?

Hmmm, up to where did you get in the sequence and what are you seeing in
the logs? Did you compile the additional kernel module?

Send me an email off the list and we'll summarize if we get this solved.
It is a bit off-topic for sound and music.

I skimmed through the howto and it seems like the planetccrma kernel has
all the right stuff needed _except_ in the case of PPPoE connections
(PPPoA is fine), which one do you have?

-- Fernando