[PlanetCCRMA] acpi kernel reboot errors

Sun Sep 8 21:56:01 2002

> [root@ip68-14-112-61 root]# rpm -e --nodeps alsa-driver
> [root@ip68-14-112-61 root]# apt-get -f install kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll
> alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll alsa-driver alsa-utils alsa-tools
> Processing File Dependencies... Done
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   alsa-tools: Depends: alsa-lib (>= 0.9.0) but it is not going to be
> installed
>               Depends: libasound.so.2
>   alsa-utils: Depends: alsa-lib (>= 0.9.0) but it is not going to be
> installed
>               Depends: libasound.so.2
>   jack-audio-connection-kit: Depends: libasound.so.2
>   pd: Depends: libasound.so.2
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
> specify a solution).
>

> I'll quit soon I promise...  I bet folks will be heading for the digest
> button after today...

Maybe we should have taken this off the list and present everyone with the
final result, too late now :-)

Add alsa-lib explicitly to the line, maybe the -f is making things more
literal and the alsa-lib package is not being automatically added:

apt-get -f install kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
alsa-driver alsa-lib alsa-utils alsa-tools

-- Fernando