[PlanetCCRMA] acpi kernel reboot errors

Sun Sep 8 21:33:00 2002

> I think I know what happened with the packages...  there was the typo for
> the kernel and the others were indeed uninstalled.  The typo fix worked.

Just in case, did you do an "apt-get update" after changing sources.list?
(it appears you did)

> [root@ip68-14-112-61 root]# apt-get -f install kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll
> alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll alsa-driver alsa-utils alsa-tools
> Processing File Dependencies... Done
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Sorry, alsa-driver is already the newest version

Means the alsa driver is still there.

> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   alsa-driver: Depends: alsa-driver-modules-0.9.0-37 but it is not
> installable

You still have alsa-driver installed and is version 37 but the matching
modules that are available for the new kernel are 36 so it is a no go.

This should get rid of it:
  rpm -e --nodeps alsa-driver

Oh boy, I'll have to rewrite the installation pages :-)
-- Fernando