[PlanetCCRMA] acpi kernel reboot errors

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Sep 8 20:25:02 2002

Carr,
   Sorry, I read the message to quickly and possibly incorrectly, but I
think it's still pointing in possibly the same direction, or maybe not.

   I was thinking bus 1, which is the AGP bus, when a configuration cycle,
type 1 is used to select a PCI device behind a PCI-PCI bridge.

   PCI bridges are used in two places in a PC - the AGP interface and the
PCMCIA/PC-CARD interface. Do you happen to have a card plugged into the
PCMCIA slot in your laptop? Possibly it's failing on loading a driver for
that device? Maybe remove it until you determine what's going on?

   You might also ask about this on the Redhat reflectors as there will be
more knowledgeable people than I over there.

Good luck,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Carr Wilkerson [mailto:carrlane@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 7:20 PM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: planetccrma
Subject: RE: [PlanetCCRMA] acpi kernel reboot errors

Hi again Mark.  I'm not sure what you mean by:

> Are there any BIOS settings having to do with your graphics
> adapter?

I know about manipulating setting in the BIOS, but I'm not sure exactly
what you are asking...

I did notice that the next line after:
"PCI: using configuration type 1"
during the boot up of the original (non planet kernel) had something to do
with IRQ's.  It blazed by so fast that I couldn't read it.  Not
surprising.  It could be that the problem is with the boot process after
the "PCI: using..." line.  Dunno.

Carr