[PlanetCCRMA] acpi kernel reboot errors

Sun Sep 8 19:21:01 2002

> Well, unfortunately, when I tested the acpi kernel at reboot, it locked up
> during the reboot process after the following lines...
>
> PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry 0xfd9b0, last bus=1
> PCI: using configuration type 1
>
> I have a feeling that I will be entering a new world here...

Ok, so maybe your sony does NOT need acpi. After all it did boot with the
standard redhat kernel right? Sigh, don't know how you can know what will
happpen beforehand. One simple thing to try would be to install the
"normal" non-acpi planetccrma kernel and try that. Or try booting into the
acpi kernel with pci=noacpi, to do that reboot, at the grub screen select
the new kernel and type "e" (edit), go to the line that names the kernel
(should be the longest) and type "e" again, at the end of the line add
pci=noacpi, I think <escape> gets you our of editing mode and then type
"b" (boot) and see what happens.

-- Fernando