[PlanetCCRMA] acpi kernel reboot errors

Carr Wilkerson carrlane@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Sep 8 19:42:01 2002

I have added the pci=noacpi as you have said.  It seems that there is a
cache of the original failed boot process, because when I tried to reboot
using the acpi kernel, it instantly went to the "PCI: using configuration
type 1" line with out cycling through the preceding processes.  Hmmm...

To answer you question, it boots fine with the original RH 7.3 install I
did yesterday.  When booting with this kernel, I noticed that the line
after "PCI: using configuration type 1" was "PCI: Sharing IRQ5..."  This
may or may not be important.  If I try the non-acpi planet kernel, then I
assume that I have to go back and change the source.list and apt.conf
files?  Oui?

Carr

thanks for you patience

--
Carr L. Wilkerson, Jr.
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)