[PlanetCCRMA] Default Kernel

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Sep 8 14:39:01 2002

Carr,
   I am running the ccrma kernel as default now. If you can boot with it as
a grub option, and can still get back to grub to change back again if you
need to, then go ahead and run it as default.

   The only reason not to might be if you have been using your own custom
kernel with specific stuff compiled in that you need on a regular basis.

Good luck,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Carr Wilkerson
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 2:13 PM
To: planetccrma
Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Default Kernel

Is there any reason why I would not want to make the default kernel the
new planetccrma kernel?

PS I will be using the Midisport 2x2.  I saw previous planetccrma threads
about this and will be attempting to try this today, too.

--
Carr L. Wilkerson, Jr.
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)