[PlanetCCRMA] What to download?

Mark W. Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Sep 1 11:42:01 2002

Fernando,
   Thanks. I decided (for testing purposes) to blow away the whole Linux
installation and do it over from scratch. I'll choose to install everything
this time. (No big deal - I'm just sitting here watching 'Close Encounters'
again. Great movie!)

   This will also let me configure the AP2496 from scratch, without making
the mistake of doing the RME like I did last time.

   Should be up and running in 60...

Take care,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 11:16 AM
To: Mark W. Knecht
Cc: Planet-CCRMA
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] What to download?

>    Hi. I decided to try and take the jump this morning with Ardour but I'm
> running into a small tools problem.
>
>    Again, this PC was set up with a standard RH 7.3 install. I believe I
> chose workstation and software development tools, but I'm not totally
sure.

>    My first surprise was that in trying to download Ardour from CVS that
my
> machine didn't have cvs! So I did an apt-get cvs and got past that one.
> Ardour then downloaded just fine.
>
>    In the step ./autogen.sh I'm getting the message
>
> ./.autogen.sh: command not found: aclocal

Hmmm, most probably you did not install the development packages, bet you
do not have gcc either :-( You will have to install that from the redhat
cdroms (or from planetccrma). I don't really know of the top of my head
which packages you need, I'll try to add a FAQ section with that next
week.

"aclocal" is part of automake, that will be in your redhat cdrom (you can
also do an apt-get install if your network connection is fast.

But for ardour you will need a newer version of automake than the one that
comes with redhat, you can find it at:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/redhat/linux/planetedge/7.3
/en/os/noarch/autoconf-2.52-7.noarch.rpm

It is not part of the standard planetccrma repository, just download the
rpm and do an rpm -Uvh.

-- Fernando (signing off for the day :-)