[PlanetCCRMA] added: rosegarden, updated: SpiralSynthModular, Freqtweak, others

Mon Oct 21 18:36:01 2002

* Rosegarden has been added for redhat 7.3 and 8.0 only, it is a
  sequencer, audio recoder and notation editor. I only tested midi input
  and output and at least that seems to work. Supposedly does audio
  through Jack.

* SpiralSynthModular has been updated to 0.1.1

* Freqtweak has been updated to 0.4.4

I've been working on trying to make the newest version of Muse work
(0.6.0pre2), met only limited success under 7.3... has anyone out there
have this working under 8.0?

I have added a bunch of video related packages to the RedHat 8.0
repository. Most compiled with little problems, others (like Kino) will
need more tweaking. Take a look at the changelog for details.

I have also added a "Desideratum" section to the list of packages. It's a
parking garage for packages I might add someday to Planet CCRMA. As the
changelog says, make a wish, take a number, and please sit down, it may
take a while... Packages that have more chance of being added are those
that provide unique functionality that is not already present in the
package collection (or that are substantially better than what's already
there and might replace those). Being an OSS only application substracts
points, as well as being dependent on reading or writing just one sound
file format (usually aiff :-) Having _good_ spec files available obviously
makes my work easier and adds points :-)

Having to recompile everything for RedHat 8.0 really made me realize that
Planet CCRMA has grown a lot (too much?). The small picture of Earth in
the web pages should be replaced by something more appropriate, maybe
a picture of Jupiter or Saturn would do :-)

-- Fernando