[PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden should become part of your software set

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Mon Oct 21 17:19:01 2002

Fernando,
   Very glad to hear you're making all this progress, and I know the
Rosegarden team will feel the same.

Thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 5:11 PM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: PlanetCCRMA (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden should become part of your
software set

>    Hi. I wanted to let you know that I have built Rosegarden and it is
> working quite nicely. (Something that unfortunately I can't say yet about
> Muse.) It built quite easily using the Qt settings I used for Muse, and
then
> downloading a bunch of new RPMs through apt-get from PlanetCCRMA.
>
>    I think your user base would benefit greatly having access to
Rosegarden.
> I'd certainly like to see you include in in your cadre of tools.

I'm almost there with the Rosegarden rpms. I managed to build it (and run
it) on 7.3 and 8.0. On 7.2 it does not compile cleanly and at this point I
don't have time to try to see what is going on. So there will be one
online release probably today, although incomplete (no rpm for 7.2). I did
almost no testing save for verifying that it can record and play back
midi.

I have spent most of the day on Muse and I'm not getting good results. I
have rpms for 0.6.0pre2 and this is the status:

7.2: compiles, starts with jack, does not start with alsa (complains about
"Sample format not available"
7.3: compiles, starts with jack, starts with alsa
8.0: compiles, hangs while starting

(when I say "starts with jack" it is just that and no more, I did not try
to figure out how to use it).

But this is on different machines so who knows what the problem is.