[PlanetCCRMA] xinitd upgrade question

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Oct 17 11:35:01 2002

OK, so then I should (technically) take the *.rpmnew file and replace the
existing ones I suppose?

I noticed that all the entries are the same, but the order is different. I
hate to presume that the order makes no difference.

If I was to swap out the old files for the new, do I need to reboot or is
there some sort of restart I can do?

Thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 11:31 AM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: PlanetCCRMA (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] xinitd upgrade question

>    The new apt-get dist-upgrade installed a new xinitd, which is fine. I
had
> read the RH advisory and was happy that you had made the new stuff
> available.
>
>    However, there is a message after running about services.rpmnew and
> servers.rpmnew being created, which seems a bit strange. What actions am I
> supposed to take now?

None unless you have customized the services file. What happens is that
that file is a configuration file and rpm was instructed by the package to
not overwrite it. So rpm warns the user that the new configuration file
was created with a .rpmnew sufix just in case the user wants to take a
look at it and maybe translate any changes to the existing file.