[PlanetCCRMA] xinitd upgrade question

Thu Oct 17 11:31:02 2002

>    The new apt-get dist-upgrade installed a new xinitd, which is fine. I had
> read the RH advisory and was happy that you had made the new stuff
> available.
>
>    However, there is a message after running about services.rpmnew and
> servers.rpmnew being created, which seems a bit strange. What actions am I
> supposed to take now?

None unless you have customized the services file. What happens is that
that file is a configuration file and rpm was instructed by the package to
not overwrite it. So rpm warns the user that the new configuration file
was created with a .rpmnew sufix just in case the user wants to take a
look at it and maybe translate any changes to the existing file.

-- Fernando