[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA --- updating manually with rpm

Mon Oct 14 09:13:01 2002

> I finally decided to stay put on my ADSL connection with speedtouch (as I
> had to recompile the kernel, and could not apply the patches correctly, and
> it failed creating the modules), because I'm not in the mood for
> complications in my system right now, since it seems OK as it is.
>
> So I have downloaded updates from CCRMA from Windows and the installed the
> RPM's with the usual:
> 'rpm -Uvh package.rpm'
>
> I tried it this way and then did a apt-get update and dist-upgrade and it
> recognised the manually installed packages.
> Do you see any caveats to this process?

As long as the packages you install have their dependencies met (ie:
don't install with --nodeps) there should be no problems, apt-get rescans
the rpm database before each operation so it will see any changes that
happened since the last apt-get run.

-- Fernando