[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa Patch Bay

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Thu Oct 10 19:07:02 2002

Fernando,
   This is not a priority, and you shouldn't do anything, IMO, until we get
a chance to see if it's of much value.

   I'd be way more interested in all of the Linux soft synths I'm finding...
;-)

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 6:05 PM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: PlanetCCRMA (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Alsa Patch Bay

>    I don't see Bob Ham's Alsa Patch Bay on the Planet. (Hope I didn't miss
> it.) Would there be value to adding it one of these days, or is there
> something else here substantially similar?

Nope, just the command line aconnect.

> http://pkl.net/~node/
>
> http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/
>
>    I though about building it, and started, but then it needed gtkmm, and
> then gtkmm needed something else, so I just stopped. When it gets like
that,
> it really shows the value of RPMs. (I.e. - previous conversations)

I'm looking at it. It needs gtkmm which needs sigc++, all new versions.
I'll put it in my list of things to add. So far not much luck with finding
rpms for all those shinny new versions (and the spec file included in
sigc++ does not compile cleanly). Anyway, rpms are great once you have
them, the process of building them is, obviously, painful :-)