[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour/jack totally broken on two systems now using jack 0.39.0...

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Oct 10 07:24:02 2002

Hi,
   Through the wonderful process of updating existing software, adding new
software, and doing who knows what else, Ardour is now broken with new jack
software. Here's what it looks like:

Start jack using:

jackd -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d Audigy

jack appears to be version 0.39.0

In a separate gnome-term I start ardour. The program starts, I then choose
'New', type in a bogus session name, and I get a message:

[ERROR]: cannot activate JACK client

   What's up with that? ;-)

   Over the last few days I've added a number of things, including compiling
jack from source code instead of using PlanetCCRMA to get a newer version.
If I start jack using

jackstart -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d Audigy

jack appears to be 0.37.2

   In this situation ardour works fine.

   I'm a bit lost as to clean this up. It's probably a path problem being
created by having jack from the Planet and jack from source code on the same
system, or at least that's my guess. How should I clean this up?

Thanks in advance,
Mark