[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #39 - 6 msgs

Wed Oct 9 12:45:05 2002

> Hope you had a good vacation!

Too short... but very nice :-)

> So now I have two soundcards installed. Alsaconf immediately recognised both
> cards, but how should I configure both of them in modules.conf?
> I've seen some examples at Alsa website and install files, but I'm not sure
> about this particular combination.

You can let alsaconf configure the soundcard that you want to use as your
primary soundcard and then tweak the generated modules.conf file to
include extra entries for the second card (alsaconf can only deal with one
card at this point).

Here's an example of a two card configuration file, just change it to
reflect the names and options your drivers need:

# --- ALSA configuration
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1370
# --- OSS compatibility
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=2 snd_device_mode=0666
snd_device_gid=0 snd_device_uid=0
options snd-ice1712 snd_index=0 snd_id=OmniIO
options snd-ens1370 snd_index=1 snd_id=Ensoniq
# --- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
add options -k snd-card-1
# --- ALSA configuration END

-- Fernando