[PlanetCCRMA] virmidi driver for alsa

Mon Nov 18 18:07:01 2002

> Trouble is the snd-virmidi module doesn't exist.  I understand how to add
> the module but it wasn't built when the alsa driver was.  Is there a way of
> adding it without breaking all the dependencies on alsa.

Hmmm, which version of alsa-driver do you have installed?
It appears to be there in the current version:

# rpm -q alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll-0.9.0-36
# rpm -q -l alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll|grep virmidi
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/acore/seq/snd-seq-virmidi.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/kernel/drivers/sound/drivers/snd-virmidi.o

What error message are you getting?

Make sure you have enough configuration space in /etc/modules.conf for
the additional virtual soundcard (that is, the "snd_cards_limit="
parameter for the "options snd" line is one more than the number of
hardware cards you currently have installed).

-- Fernando