[PlanetCCRMA] More JACK Problems

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Nov 17 19:10:02 2002

This is definitely trying my patience.

1) When I run pxs -aux, I see two jackstart processes, but when I kill
one, it stops jack             altogether.

[MWK] I see 7 jack processes. Something is definitely wrong.

2) I double checked the mixer settings several times over the day and
everything looks fine.

3)  I rebooted a few times and it made no difference.

4)  When Jack is not running, I can play wav files with aplay, but when
jack is up, aplay will not work.

And finally, in answer to Fernando's question, I ran all the processes
as the same normal user.

I think I'm going to give up for now and try again another day.  I've
been at this almost all day.

[MWK] I don't blame you at all.

Mike