[PlanetCCRMA] Rebuilding kernel and alsa

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+@pitt.edu
Sun Nov 17 15:09:01 2002

Greetings,
I've been thinking about rebuilding my kernel.  I've been unisng the
Planet CCRMA kernel and it's been working well, but I want things like
native VIA chipset support and an Athlon-optimized kernel.  I've built
kernels before, but never from rpm sources.  What's the procedure - do I
just apt-get the kernel sources and then build as usual?  Also, do I
need to rebuild alsa if I still use the Planet CCRMA kernel sources?  If
so, how do I do that?  I'm assuming I can just rpm --rebuild alsa if
necessary, but I'm not sure.
Thanks,
dgm