[PlanetCCRMA] updated: jack to 0.40, others, added: qjackconnect, jack-rack

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed Nov 13 05:18:01 2002

Question to Fernando,
   While it's sort of sensible to be running no applications when running
apt-get, is it a requirement?

   Should (could?) the rpm's that need to have apps not running when they do
the install inform us of this if the app is running? Maybe this isn't that
large an issue.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Steve Harris
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 1:22 AM
To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] updated: jack to 0.40, others, added:
qjackconnect, jack-rack

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:59:43 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Steve,
>    Disappointing. It worked nicely for me. I was able to start jack and
> alsaplayer, and then insert freqtweak into the audio stream using
> qjackconnect. I really liked that.
>
>    By any chance did you happen to have an older copy of Jack running? I
had
> one when I did the update, and just barely remembered to start a new
0.40.0
> version before I ran qjackconnect.

I had one running when I did the update, I then ran some of the newer
clients (which gave wierd errors), and when I quit them it had messed up
ALSA. I didn't notice that though, and it looked like jack had started.

I've done that before, "Steve, write 100 times 'I must quit jackd before
apt-get install-ing'".

I rebooted (alsasound restart didn't work) and then everything was OK,
except that jack-rack now segfaults! It worked the fisr time I ran it. I'l
find out whats going on with that.

qjackconnect is working fine now though :)

- Steve