[PlanetCCRMA] One more apt-get dist-upgrade item

Mon Nov 11 10:57:01 2002

>    I just did my office machine. (apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade) Both
> of my machines are RH 7.3. and both got the wrong file for
> sources.list.rpmnew. The file on the machine here in the office has
> redhat/8.0 in the sources.list.rpmnew file. I can send it to you if you need
> it.

That's strange, I must have packed the wrong file in the rpm then. But
that does not make sense because I did not include the planet ccrma
sources.list file in the rpm (I think). You always have to download
it(*).

>    No harm since I checked the file contents before copying stuff. I'll
> download the right stuff from the Planet by hand instead.

You only need to change the apt.conf file, the sources.list should
remain unchanged.

-- Fernando

(*) I could make this "automatic" in the sense that installing the rpms
could overwrite the apt.conf and sources.list files, I choose instead to
not override the current configuration. On one hand that enables you to
use a different apt rpm (maybe compiled by someone else with a different
version of rpm), plus it does not clobber any customization of your
files (for example, if you choose to point to another repository as
well).