[PlanetCCRMA] Lame problems on RH 7.3

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Tue Dec 31 10:47:01 2002

Fernando,
   Last night I built Lame as per your instructions on the Planet. (Very
good instructions by the way!) The build appeared to go cleanly.

   However, when ever I try to make an mp3, using a wave file from
Ardour or from Pro Tools, I see literally thousands of these
messages scrolling by:

l3_side->main_data_begin: 3608
Resvoir size:             3712
resv drain (post)         6
resv drain (pre)          0
header and sideinfo:      288
data bits:                3221
total bits:               3515 (remainder: 3)
bitsperframe:             3344
This is a fatal error.  It has several possible causes:90
0X0.000000000000D10P-16385ME compiled with buggy version of gcc using
advanced optimizations 9% Your system is overclocked 1% bug in LAME
encoding libraryInternal buffer inconsistency. flushbits <>
ResvSizeInternal buffer inconsistency. flushbits <> ResvSize
[mark@Godzilla mark]$

   At the command line I just used:

lame -h input.wav output.mp3

   Possibly the 'buggy version of gcc' is a comment about 2.96 that came
with RH 7.3? I don't know.

   Have you built Lame recently on a 7.3 box and can you run it cleanly?

   Is there another mp3 encoder I could try out?

Thanks,
Mark