[PlanetCCRMA] updated: jack, common lisp world

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Dec 30 15:06:01 2002

Thanks. I hope I won't have to go back, and since I'm having problems right
now, if the new version of jack fixes them, I'll just declare victory and
more forward!

Cheers!

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano [mailto:nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 2:54 PM
To: Mark Knecht
Cc: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: RE: [PlanetCCRMA] updated: jack, common lisp world

> Let me ask a question about apt. I'm in the middle of testing right now on
> some Rosegarden code and would like to see if this new version changes
> anything, but if it doesn't, I'd like to be able to go back to what I have
> installed right now. Does the Planet and apt provide a way for me to
> downgrade jack back to 41.1 or whatever release I want to use? If so, what
> commands would I use?

Hmmm, not using apt. You could manually download the rpms for the older
version (which I have not yet erased from the web site) and use "rpm
-Uvh --force" to force rpm to "upgrade" to an older version (or erase
the jack rpms with "rpm -e --nodeps" and install the older ones with
"rpm -Uvh"). Obviously on the next apt-get dist-upgrade apt will try to
upgrade again to the latest :-)

The rpms for 7.3 would be at:
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/redhat/linux/planetccrma/7.
3/en/os/i386/
You'd have to download the jack rpms with version 0.41.1 (I think).

-- Fernando