[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart hanging the system

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Tue Dec 31 09:53:01 2002

Joseph,
   If you edit your /etc/inittab file, changing the line that says:

id:5:initdefault:

id:3:initdefault:

then when you boot you will only go to a console Window. You log in as a
user, and would normally type startx.

In this case, try starting jack from that Window BEFORE typing startx
and see what happens.

My 216MB number is wrong, I think. There are 7 jack processes. 6 of them
show they use 36MB, roughly. I think they are all usign the SAME 36MB,
not different memory, so the real memory required by jack is actually a
lot less than I stated earlier.

Still, 64MB isn't very much these days. You machine will run better and
faster with more.

Good luck,
Mark