[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart hanging the system

Joseph Zitt jzitt@metatronpress.com
Tue Dec 31 09:32:01 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:14:31 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I think some X apps, eg. evolution take a lot of shared memory too.
> You could also reboot without running any X apps and try running jack
> then.

I've tried it with nothing running in X other than the icewm window
manager and an xterm, and it acts the same. It looks like I'll just have
to hold off on using jack until I can get more memory.

--
| jzitt@josephzitt.com                      http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| GPG: A4224EFA                         http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |