[PlanetCCRMA] emi 2|6 usb performance

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sat Dec 28 14:58:00 2002

Ryan,
   I wrote some of this up and then Patrick improved it an put it online
at his site. The short answer is the IRQ order, from best to worst, goes
like:

0,1,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,3,4,5,6,7

So having these on 5 puts them behind the disks at 14 and 15 and behind
your mouse at 12. Do you get more problems when you move your mouse
around a lot? That would be a clue.

Try moving the pair of devices to 9, 10 or 11 and see if you get better
results.

Try not to share them with anything else. Sharing is never good, it is
only sometimes not bad.

Mark