[PlanetCCRMA] alsaplayer failure

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Fri Dec 27 17:19:01 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 06:10, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 09:50:01 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > [mark@Godzilla mark]$ alsaplayer
> > alsaplayer: pcm.c:6293: snd_pcm_unlink_ptr: Assertion `0' failed.
> > AlsaPlayer interrupted by signal 6
>
> Yes, exactly the same, last time I tried it (before apt updateing) it was
> an assertion failure in the hammerfall code though.

Steve,
   I'm just home now and getting back to all of this. What exactly do
you mean "an assertion failure in the hammerfall code". Are you saying
that the Hammerfall driver isn't working right? If so, we should ask to
get it fixed, or fix it ourselves.

   Is 'pcm.c' a part of the Hammerfall or Alsa driver, and not part fo
Alsaplayer?

   I can't test code since I'm only RPM based, unless Fernando wants to
play along and make changes and do RPMs. I wouldn't blame him for saying
no though...

Thanks,
Mark