[PlanetCCRMA] The Oxygen 8 works! ... but...

Joseph Zitt jzitt@josephzitt.com
Fri Dec 20 17:25:01 2002

On 20 Dec 2002 11:40:45 -0800
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> Most probably with the configuration you set the audio card is the
> second device, not the first. See "cat /proc/asound/devices" to see
> which card is which. If the audio card is the second card you should
> start jack with "-d hw:1". You should be able to set it to be the
> first by swapping the pids in the options line.

[root@gimel hotplug]# cat /proc/asound/devices
  0: [0- 0]: ctl
  8: [0- 0]: raw midi
  1:       : sequencer
 33:       : timer
[root@gimel hotplug]#

Is "0: [0- 0]: ctl" the audio card? If not, I don't see anything that
corresponds to it.

Doublechecking, I notice that /sbin/lsusb is having a problem with the
audio card:

Bus 001 Device 010: ID 0582:0006 Roland Corp.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.00
  bDeviceClass            0 Interface
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x0582 Roland Corp.
  idProduct          0x0006
  bcdDevice            1.10
  iManufacturer           1 Roland
  iProduct                2 UA-30 (44100Hz, Analog REC)
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
cannot get config descriptor 0, Connection timed out (110)
  Language IDs: (length=4)
     0409 English(US)

Hmm. I've tried unplugging it then plugging it back in, but that hasn't
changed anything.

--
| jzitt@josephzitt.com                      http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| GPG: A4224EFA                         http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |